The Monitoring Manager will be responsible for overseeing our new Jacksonville monitoring center and managing Vibration Analysts as they monitor and analyze customer data and evaluate rotating equipment heath utilizing the Uptime Solutions wireless vibration system. A strong supervisory background is essential, along with previous experience using vibration analysis with a variety of rotating equipment designs, from both slow and high-speed machinery. The Monitoring Manager will work cross-functionally, serving as a leader and advisor while growing the quality of the monitoring department.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job well:
- Manage Uptime’s monitoring team, serving as a teacher and mentor for Vibration Analysts while defining roles and responsibilities within the group
- Establish training and progression plans for present day and future growth
- Create internal standards, developing processes and procedures for the monitoring department
- Interface with customers, acting as a liaison between sales and the SW/HW development departments
- Ensure good communication with reporting and recommendations back to customers and manages all documentation for assigned areas
- Learn and understand all hardware and software components of the Uptime Solutions wireless vibration system
- Monitor online system health and provide reports to field personnel for necessary inspections or repairs
- Contribute to the development of monitoring standards and grow the monitoring capabilities of the monitoring department
- This is an office-based position located in our Jacksonville monitoring center, but some site travel will be required as well as on-call availability
About Uptime Solutions, LLC
Uptime is a Jacksonville, FL based provider of wireless, conditions-based, predictive plant maintenance solutions for industrial and manufacturing equipment, with applications across a wide variety of industries including pulp & paper, power, automotive, steel, mining and shipping. Uptime’s monitoring capabilities support a variety of reliability data inputs, including but not limited to vibration, temperature, pressure and ultrasound. By enabling wireless collection and transmittal of customer asset data into an aggregated and usable format, Uptime’s solutions help maintenance teams and facility managers make better decisions to ensure their machines are properly maintained and equipment failures are minimized.
For more information, visit us online at https://www.uptime-solutions.us/